Saturday 29 December 2007

An individual, quite unique in his own way

I met Saleembe', after hearing a lot about him, while I was still in exile...it was in the MDP office in Male', while they were preparing the Nov 10 campaign in 2006. I was immediately drawn to his charm and energy. I also had the honour of meeting him in Thinadhoo, during the visit of Hon. Garry Streeter. During the excitement of the seminar and the many political activities that went on, Saleem was cool and calm. He had the gift of being able to delegate responsibilities to his colleagues. This made him a very effective team leader, in my opinion. His sincerity and his commitment to what he believed in, was always visible in his actions and conversation. Salim and his colleagues also proved to be of a life saver, when mdp held the seminar in Kulhudhuffushi to plan the Parliamentary campaign. He found friends and admirers in the North, while he was born in Huvadhoo Atoll.
His sudden passing away made me very sad, and encouraged me to reflect on a life, an individual, quite unique in his own way...may he rest in peace...

Ahmed Ali Naseer, Columnist
MDP Member

 

 

No comments: